We are happy to accommodate field trips for groups up to 25 youth or adults. For students age 10 and under, we require 1 teacher or chaperon for every 5 students. We prefer students attending to be 5 years of age and up, but can work with preschoolers in groups of 10 or less.
Cost: $2 per student
Here is an example of a typical field trip experience:
- Arrive and greet in theatre lobby
- Learn about the theatre's rich history
- Tour the stage and performance area
- Learn about staging terms such as "upstage" and "stage right" and play a theatre game involving the terms associated with theatre blocking.
- Tour backstage dressing rooms, shop, greenroom and prop loft (prop loft visits require a minimum age of 8 years old).
- Walk through the costume closet and see the thousands of costume pieces we have available for production
- Walk through the hat room
- Back to the lobby for theatre games and question/answer session as time allows.
Field trip times vary, but usually last approximately 1 hour for students 8 and up. For younger students, we suggest a 30-45 minute tour.
Please contact us for more information.